Innovation = Safe-to-Fail + Safe-to-Learn
Why Experiential Learning?
- Increases the effectiveness of learning: Students engage in critical thinking, acquire problem solving skills and engage in decision making.
- Ability to immediately apply knowledge: Experiential learning is an opportunity for learners to apply what they’ve been taught to solve real-world challenges.
- Accelerates Learning: Experiential Learning methodology uses critical thinking, problem solving and decision making to deliver a training module. This has become an established method to accelerate learning.
- Increases Engagement Levels: The high focus on collaboration and learning from each other benefits the participant as it increases engagement.
- Enables Personalized Learning: It is a radical departure from traditional learning methods and takes the learning beyond the classroom.
- Increased Creativity: Providing a safe and supportive setting enhances positive risk taking.
- Promotes innovation: Learning outdoors makes students more confident, enthusiastic, and innovative.
- Reduces stress: Learning outdoors reduces the stress hormone cortisol.
- Increased Motivation: Research has shown that outdoor education can lead to students’ increased self-regulated motivational behaviour.
- Connection with Nature Strengthens Human Bonds: Being outdoors helps people reflect and learn about themselves, each other, and connection with nature.
Outside the Wire
Outside the Wire is a military inspired program that takes individuals and teams outside their comfort zone in a novel, dynamic, and safe-to-learn environment.
Backcountry Leadership Camp
Backcountry Leadership Camp is an outdoor learning experience that provides participants an opportunity to reset, reconnect, and return to work stronger than ever.