Innovation = Safe-to-Fail + Safe-to-Learn
Why Experiential Learning?
- Increases the effectiveness of learning: Students engage in critical thinking, acquire problem solving skills and engage in decision making.
- Ability to immediately apply knowledge: Experiential learning is an opportunity for learners to apply what they’ve been taught to solve real-world challenges.
- Accelerates Learning: Experiential Learning methodology uses critical thinking, problem solving and decision making to deliver a training module. This has become an established method to accelerate learning.
- Increases Engagement Levels: The high focus on collaboration and learning from each other benefits the participant as it increases engagement.
- Enables Personalized Learning: It is a radical departure from traditional learning methods and takes the learning beyond the classroom.
- Increased Creativity: Providing a safe and supportive setting enhances positive risk taking.
- Promotes innovation: Learning outdoors makes students more confident, enthusiastic, and innovative.
- Reduces stress: Learning outdoors reduces the stress hormone cortisol.
- Increased Motivation: Research has shown that outdoor education can lead to students’ increased self-regulated motivational behaviour.
- Connection with Nature Strengthens Human Bonds: Being outdoors helps people reflect and learn about themselves, each other, and connection with nature.
Outside the Wire
Outside the Wire is a military inspired program that takes individuals and teams outside their comfort zone in a novel, dynamic, and safe-to-learn environment.
Backcountry Leadership Camp
The Backcountry Leadership Camp is an outdoor learning experience that provides participants an opportunity to reset, reconnect, and return to work stronger than ever.
All experiential learning events have been adapted to meet the COVID-19 safety protocols established by the Government of Canada and local health authorities.