Backcountry Shepherd’s Pie was one of the meals made during our first-ever Backcountry Leadership Camp program. One of the participants commented that they could “eat it every day”. It’s easy to portion ahead of time, take with you, and prepare when you’re hungry for a meal in the great outdoors.
- 2/3 cup Instant potato flakes / powder
- 2 heaping teaspoons chicken soup powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons dehydrated vegetables (carrots, celery, onions)
- 2 heaping tablespoons dehydrated peas
- 2 heaping tablespoons beef jerky (any flavour)
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- In a baggie, mason jar, or container measure out all of your ingredients.
- Add boiling water, let sit until dehydrated ingredients are fully hydrated again and potatoes are ready.
Let us know if you make it while camping and enjoy!
Backcountry Leadership Camp is an outdoor learning experience that provides participants an opportunity to reset and return to work ready to achieve unprecedented success.